The research at NAFKAM is carried out by a multi-disciplinary college, which uses and develops various research designs, including quantitative and qualitative research methods, carefully chosen from the research question to be answered.
- Mora DC, Overvåg G, Jong MC, Kristoffersen AE, Stavleu DC, Liu JP, et al. Safety of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) modalities among children with cancer who suffer from adverse effects of conventional cancer treatment: A systematic review of observational and qualitative studies. BMC Complementary Medicine and Therapies. 2021;Submitted for publication.
Mora DC, Kristoffersen AE, Overvåg G, Jong MC, Mentink M, Liu JP, et al. Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) modalities used to treat adverse effects of anti-cancer treatment among children: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized control trials. BMC Complementary Medicine and Therapies. 2021;Submitted for publication.
Smedslund G, Kjeken I, Musial F, Sexton J, Østerås N. Broad overview of pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions for osteoarthritis pain: using existing Cochrane reviews to conduct a systematic review with network meta-analysis. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage Open (submitted, under review).
Shang YX, Shen C, Stub T, Zhu SJ S-y, Qiao SY, YQ L, et al. Safety evaluation of Andrographis paniculata preparations based on clinical research literature. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 2020; Submitted for publication.
Jing-Li Xing, Fei Dong, Trine Stub, Jian-Ping Liu. Bibliometric Analysis of Mind-Body Medicine Research——Trends and Patterns in Knowledge Development. Submitted to PLoS ONE, 2021.
Kim TH, Birch S, Lee MS, Alraek T. Plausible mechanism on biomarkers of sham acupuncture: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials. Currently editing the final version, soon ready for submitting to Frontiers Neuroscience.
Wider B, Rostock M, Huntley A, van Ackeren G, Horneber M. Mistletoe extracts for cancer treatment. Cochrane Database of Syst Rev (protocol under review, review ongoing).
Meijer JEM, Machielse A, Smid G, Jong MC. Mapping the concept and underlying factors that affect resilience of Jewish communities living in the diaspora. (scoping review protocol is under submission, scoping review itself is ongoing).
Stea TH, Sejersted E, Jong M, Fegran L, Jong MC, Wahlgren SLH, Fernee C. Mapping the concept, content, and outcome of family-based outdoor therapy for children and adolescents with mental health problems: protocol for a scoping review (protocol published, review ongoing).
- Gender Specific Use of Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Norway during the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic: A Cross-sectional Survey
- Consultations with Health Care Providers and use of Self-management Strategies for Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19 related Symptoms. A Population Based Cross-sectional Study in Norway, Sweden, and the Netherlands
- Yoik and the "good life" - Investigating a living cultural expression and its relation to quality of life.
- SENCANCER. Sensing illness in everyday life: Care-seeking and perception of symptoms among chronic cancer patients
- The use of natural remedies and herbal medicine by demented persons: The role og different health care personnel
- The Neurobiological basis of manual therapies: Quantitative Sensory Testing (QST) as a translational, neurophysiological tool