The research at NAFKAM is carried out by a multi-disciplinary college, which uses and develops various research designs, including quantitative and qualitative research methods, carefully chosen from the research question to be answered.
Ongoing projects at NAFKAM
- Gender Specific Use of Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Norway during the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic: A Cross-sectional Survey
- Consultations with Health Care Providers and use of Self-management Strategies for Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19 related Symptoms. A Population Based Cross-sectional Study in Norway, Sweden, and the Netherlands
- Lifestyle changes during the COVID-19 pandemic
- The IMCR (integrated medical care rehabilitation) study
- Yoik and the "good life" - Investigating a living cultural expression and its relation to quality of life.
- Prevention and treatment of freezing-cold injuries
- Path. Patient Pathways in cancer care
- SENCANCER. Sensing illness in everyday life: Care-seeking and perception of symptoms among chronic cancer patients
- The use of natural remedies and herbal medicine by demented persons: The role og different health care personnel
- The Neurobiological basis of manual therapies: Quantitative Sensory Testing (QST) as a translational, neurophysiological tool
- Therapeutic effect of naturopathic reflex therapies for back and neck pain