The Advisory Board provides professional advice to NAFKAM regarding the centre's activities in research and public information. Separate statutes are issued, and regulate the Board’s activities. NAFKAM, HOD, Hdir and UIT The Arctic University of Norway may submit matters to the Board for consideration. On its own initiative or at the request of other professional bodies, also the Board may address issues within its own area of competence.The Board shall consist of:
- One representative from the Association of Norwegian CAM Practitioners’ Organisations (SABORG); or from the Norwegian Acupuncturists’ Association (Akupunkturforeningen)
- Two representatives with public relations/ communications expertise.
- One representative from the Norwegian patient's organisations
- Two active, Nordic researchers within the field of CAM, who are not employed by NAFKAM.
- One representative from the Norwegian Association of General Practitioners
- One representative from the Norwegian Regional Health Autorities
Since 2018, the Board has been led by Jan Ivar Røssberg (MD, Professor in psychiatry at Faculty of medicine, UiO). In addition, the Board consists of the following:
- From the patient organisations: Heidi Skaara Brorson (Head of cancer care Section, The Norwegian Cancer Society - Kreftforeningen)
- From the Norwegian Regional Health Autorities: Birgit Lie (MD, Head of Spesialisert poliklinikk for psykosomatikk og traumer, Sørlandet sykehus)
- From the Norwegian Association of General Practitioners: Sirin Hilde Johansen (MD, Specialist in General Practise at Nordbyen legesenter, Tromsø)
- From the CAM practitioner's organisations: Mona Solberg (Master in health sciences, acupuncturist, vice president of Akupunkturforeningen)
- Information specialists:
Astrid Austvoll-Dahlgren (Head of Seksjon for oppsummert forskning, forskerstøtte og formidling atRBUP Øst og Sør, Editor of Sunnskepsis.no); and
Anne Marit Godal (Prev. Chief Editor of Store Norske Leksikon, now Project Developer at INSPIRIA Science center)